Fall is just around the corner and in celebration of my favourite season I wanted to do a feature on what makes it so special!
Leggings, long coats, and boots. Need I say more? (image via wehearit
Fall inspired handmade items! Beautiful pillow cover by cozyblue
Cuddling under the covers and staying in bed longer than we probably should...
Fall weather and changing colours. (image via wehearit
The smell of pumpkin pie! Pumpkin scented soy candle by worthysoycandles
Halloween, one of the best holidays of the year! (image via weheartit
posted by Wallflower in Wasteland at 8:02 PM
As promised here's a post about me. I figured you all should know the basics if you're going to be reading the blog!
The name's Amanda Pascavis and I'm 20 years old. I currently reside in downtown Phoenix, Arizona. I have a wonderful husband named Andrew who is 23 and we have a handsome baby boy named Revan who is 5 months old. We also have two kitties, Lux and Jango (named after Jango Fett in Star Wars).
Before I found out I was pregnant I worked for GoDaddy.com doing tech support and sales, and then when I was about seven months along in the pregnancy my doctor put me on bed rest because I had preterm labor symptoms and we didn't want our little guy coming out too early. When I told my employer this I was terminated which was a complete surprise, I had always thought it was illegal to fire someone due to a medical condition especially during a pregnancy but apparently not in Arizona because we're a "Right to Work" state. Turns out it was a blessing in disguise, I got to take it easy the last two and a half months of my pregnancy and didn't have to worry about returning to work after baby Revan arrived. I can't even imagine working with a newborn baby especially while breastfeeding! My husband and I decided that I would stay at home at least the first year for the benefit of our son, and hopefully I'll be able to continue to stay home with him up until he starts preschool. I absolutely love staying home with with my baby Revan, he's so much fun and I can't imagine being away from him ever!
When I'm not attending to my little pumpkin I love to create! Whether it be sewing, making jewelry, painting, or other random craft projects. Before I had my son I had been running a store on etsy and was in the process of designing my own full online store but once I was put on bed-rest I had to shut everything down. Now that things are calming down and I have a lot more free time, I decided it would be the perfect time to get everything running again. My etsy shop will be up and running within the next few weeks and I'm hoping to have my own online website and store up before the end of the year. My long-term goal is to have both an online store and an actual brick and mortar store where I can sell new and used clothing along with vintage clothing, antiques, jewelry, art, and handmade goods. I think it's really important for local artisans to have a place to sell their wares and goods, and I also like the idea of recycling used clothing and goods.
Well, now that you know a little bit more about my life and creative plan i'll wrap up this post with some random facts and misc about myself.
- I constantly change my hair colour and/or style.
- I'm kind of a recluse.
- I am not a follower of the virtues espoused by bourgeois society.
- I'm a cat lady and if I had it my way would own 30 cats instead of 2.
- I'm a night owl and usually stay up til 4 am or later.
- I am exhilarated by observation, creation, and experience itself.
- I never sacrifice art for respectability and state of the art comforts.
- I have extreme wander-lust and hate feeling tied down.
- The best experience of my life was visiting Paris four years ago.
- I am downright disdainful of capitalism and the status quo.
- I have the moral courage to wrestle with self-doubt, take risks, dismantle and shock, and endure criticism and rejection.
- I see all rules and most laws as an infringement of personal and artistic freedom.
- I'm bipolar with ocd and anxiety which I have learned to cope with and embrace in the sense that all of the best artists and intellects were mad. For example, all of the following people had some sort of psychological disorder: Jack Kerouac, Norman Mailer, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Georgia O' Keefe, Picasso, Van Gogh, Jackson Pollock, Neil Simon, and Edgar Allan Poe.
That's me in a nut shell, if there's anything else you would like to know feel free to ask! Also, I would love to get to know my readers so please don't be afraid to email me or leave comments about anything and everything!
Labels: about me, amanda, my life
posted by Wallflower in Wasteland at 4:54 AM
Hii! Welcome to Wallflower in Wasteland. I know it's a little bare at the moment and I apologize but this is my very first post. Don't worry there will be a lot more to come! So what is this all about anyway? Fashion, art & design, crafts, and the life of an artsy stay at home mama. I will also occasionally post updates about my etsy shop Electric Bones
, which sells vintage and handmade treasures.
This entire layout was created by me, including the coding and graphics. Any images are either my own or from weheartit.com
unless otherwise stated.
I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy designing and running it. In my next post I will tell you more about me and give you a little glimpse into my life so stay tuned...
Labels: about, layout, welcome
posted by Wallflower in Wasteland at 9:25 PM